Monday, March 15, 2010

Sierra Nevadas

Hello all, thought I'd write a quick note about my weekend since apparently my blogs are a bit lengthy and difficult to read all at once (DAD). I kid, I kid. I went up to the Sierra Nevadas with Kathleen and her dad, his girlfriend and Claire which was really fun. We were trying to see some of the villages up there but we were a little confused and ended up at the skiing resort area, which was still beautiful. We got to take in the snow covered mountains and enjoy a ski lift ride which was remarkably cold at the top, but very fun. It reminded me of the one we used to do at Six Flags or maybe it was Santa's Village or something.
We also headed up to see Carlos V's palace and I got treated to yet another delicious meal with Kathleen. Her dad and his girlfriend have been very generous and insistent on buying us dinners here and it has been fun getting to eat in Granada since I usually eat the meals senora makes us. Thats all for now - midterms next week and then the start of spring break and my mom and Caroline come to visit! How exciting!

5 comments:

  1. Yeah, that would be Santa's Village. Though the snow was definitely fake there. I'm so glad you've had such a nice week with Kathleen's family. I wish the girls were coming with us so I could get to know them as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We liked the long, long, long, long, long post's (just kidding) because they give you the opportunity to really describe people, the places and highlight of the area you're in. Keep it up, I may learn spanish.
    Love,
    Grandpa, Grandma

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Nikki, This Grandma writing now. I sent you a comment just before your last trip here, but being the novice commentor I didn't know we had to sign up but GP figured it out. I have enjoyed thoroughly all your writings & they made me feel like I was right there with you. You are a great writer & a pleasure to read that your spelling & grammar are perfect! All of your schooling has sure paid off! I hope that you will beable to write about the rest of your trip before you come home. Don't let anyone tell you that you write too long. These are moments you will call upon in conversations the rest of your life & just pop up in your memory from time to time. GP & I are making it to our 50th wedding anniversary this Apr. 16 & our party at the Morgan Charhouse (Viking Restaurant where we had alot of ServiTech parties).We have alot of people from SVT & RCA where GP worked & relatives & friends old & new coming. Sorry we couldn't plan it for when you would be here - we'll miss you! We are so happy that you have has this opportunity. I hope school is going as well as your travels. Love, kisses & hugs, Grandma

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Nikki, It looks like I didn't proof read my own writing very thoroughly, so forgive an old gizzer! Anyway, I wanted to add that our party is actually on 4/25 - Sun. 12:00pm to 6:00pm & we have a DJ providing "dinner music" from 1-3 & dance music from 3-6. Your Dad & Marti will possibly have some movies to show you. Love again, Grandma

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw thanks for reading my blog! I'm sorry too that I'll be missing your anniversary party, but congratulations! 50 years is quite an accomplishment and I'm very happy for you both. I hope the party is a blast, it sounds like it will be great with the DJ and friends and family. I will be sure to watch movies from my dad and Martha, especially since he got one of those Flip Video cameras like I have for his birthday. Love you both, Nikki

    ReplyDelete